
Hello, my (semi) patient readers! I'm coming at you live from March 5, the official due date for Owen Charles Bauer. And yes, I am still pregnant with no signs of labor as I type. :)
So Jonathan and I took a nice trip to Texarkana yesterday and attended what I hope was the last OB appointment for our stubborn little guy. After my doctor chuckled a little when he saw me in my full-term glory, he checked my progress. Lo and behold something happened last week! I'm dilated to a whopping 4 cm, but not yet in labor. He said this is rare, but it happens. I once again decided to skip an induction in hopes that Owen decides to come on his own. I was also asked to take a Non-Stress Test. This means I relaxed for about 20 minutes and listened to my baby's sweet heartbeats to prove that he was healthy enough to stay put. Although my doctor doubts I'll make it, I have a 41-week appointment scheduled for Friday. Believe me, the induction decision will be different if I actually show up that day!
As for me, I've surprised both the doctor and myself with the fact that I'm honestly not miserable. I can definitely tell I have an eight-pounder in my uterus, but I'm handling it fine, day by day. I'd much rather have him in my arms but after waiting this long, I can hold out a few more days. :) Also, even though we're starting to run low on veggie options, at 40 weeks, this well-done bun is about the size of a small pumpkin:

Who knew Owen would actually run the full course of poppy seed to pumpkin?? This comparison is sadly the very last one on the list. Hopefully I won't have to make something up next week like your classic blue-ribbon-at-the-county-fair giant eggplant. :) By then we should have a beautiful bundle of joy that is perfectly baby-sized. Until then, have a fantastic Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment